Call To Schedule Your Fishing Charter Guided Tour Today
Contact a real Tampa native captain, Wade Osborne, your Tampa Bay Charter Fishing Guide. Not a 3rd person booking service. Inshore & nearshore private fishing charters, avoid Party/Headboat crowds. Schedule your private tour complete with all the gear, bait and teaching from one who knows his craft.
The Tampa Bay region of Florida has some of the best fishing in the U.S. and knowing the terrain where these fish hide as well as what to use for bait can be the difference between doing some "fishing" and "catching". Redfish, snook, and trout are some of the main sought after inshore species sought after when fishing in Tampa Bay and this article has some quick pointers that might help you increase your odds of landing one.
Like many offshore species, the ones mentioned above tend to hang around structure or objects that offer them good places to ambush prey or avoid predators. Some good examples of structure around Tampa Bay are oyster beds, bridges, docks & pilings, and mangroves. Being able to effectively locate or spot these structures is half the skill of fishing. The best anglers have a real eye or locating the kinds of terrain mentioned above and the more you practice through trial and error, the better you'll become.
Homes typically line much of the inter coastal water ways of Tampa Bay and almost all of these homes contain boat docks. Residential boat docks (especially ones with lights on in the evening) usually yield all kinds of fish species. One obvious reason for this is the cover and hiding spots the actual dock offers. There are also many species of fish that feed on the algae and barnacles that grow on the pilings supporting these structures. Hoards of bait fish are attracted to the light fixtures many home owners install under their docks and predatory fish obviously hang out there to feed as well.
Other effective artificial baits include top water plugs, and light weight (1/8 - oz) jig heads. Top water plugs are a lot of fun and attract fish with built in rattles and water movement. Watching a big fish come up out of the water after a plug is really exciting and beautiful to watch. Plastic shad and grub tails are two of my favorite things to fit my light weight jig head with. weedless jigs are also available to help keep you from getting stuck in the grass flats. Hope you enjoyed the tips! You can find many more helpful articles like this one on my favorite fishing social network Tight Lines & God bless!
Name: Captain Wade Osborne
Organization: Afishionado Guide Services, Inc.
Address: 5108 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33611
Phone: (813) 286-3474
Check our Availability • Quick Email Response!
Tampa Fishing Charters delivering 5 Star Fishing Charters Tampa. Come Fish Tampa Bay with Captain Wade Osborne. Three Convenient Locations
Book your fishing adventure today!
Tampa fishing charters with Tampa FL fishing guide Capt Wade Osborne. Inshore fishing trips for anglers of all skill levels in the top fishing charter destination.
Recent Fishing Reports
The Top 10 Tampa Fishing Charters & Tours
Many waterfront cities with their restaurants, beaches, walking trails tracing rich history, parks are great holiday destinations. But there is also the rather unique recreation of going fishing or angling as it is known. This is more a sport than anything else. Many Pacific rim countries have a rich variety of more than 415 species of fish. This is because of the 'seagrass meadows' that are present. These unusual marine flowering plants provide sustenance to many aquatic animals including the fish.
The harbours attracts anglers, both professionals and first timers to its fishing charters which are expeditions into the harbor on board comfortable boats accompanied by qualified guides who will teach you to prepare bait hooks and angle for fish. They take you during all times of the tide, to the best places for a catch, educate you about the types of fish you might catch, and even help you to fillet your catch!
- Do they have child size rods and tackle?
- What if the weather is really bad?
Check Out Our Rates
Deep Sea Fishing
According to a report offered by the National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Associated Recreation (FHWAR) in 2006, there were nearly 40 million anglers in the US. The fishing industry offers employment to one million people and contributes $125 billion to the nation. In fact, as a hobby choice, fishing is said to be one of the bigger favorites of the Americans when compared with the total number of golf and tennis lovers, (which is, 34.8 millions). So, if you have decided to take up fishing as a hobby, there are some beginners' tips you must keep in mind when aboard fishing charters
Fishing Charters: Beginners' Tips
An amateur needs a lot of guidance and tips before he sets foot on the boat. These are a few things you must keep in mind when you book fishing charters for the first time:
- Be Patient and quiet Noise scares away fish. To be good at fishing you should be able to sit quietly (without any vigorous movement) for long periods of time. It is suggested that you spend at least 30 minutes at one location and try to spot fish in the vicinity. If after half an hour of wait you are still not able to spot any fish, move into a new location and start the scrutinizing exercise again.
- Make a to-do list Go well prepared for the fishing trip. Make a list of all the equipment, such as fishing rod, bait, fishing reel and hook, you need to carry in case your charter does not offer them. You also need to be properly dressed for your fishing endeavor. It is recommended that you wear rubber soled shoes and layered clothing. Do make sure that you carry a sun block and some snacks just in case if you get hungry.
- Select your location and season with a lot of thought This is the reason due to which researching is of prime importance. Book your fishing charters keeping in mind the kind of fish you want to catch. Decide on the place you wish to go fishing and the season those fish can be found in plenty. For example, the best time to fish cod is in the autumn and winter months, whereas spring is the best time to fish haddock.
- Be very attentive You will need to understand the sounds and sights in your vicinity as these will help you to catch fish. Pay special attention to birds and their movement. If you see too many birds diving at a particular spot, there is a high probability that you find a large number of fish in that place. Fishing is all about being instinctive and no one can train you in that. However, it is recommended that you hire professional fishing charters with an experience of at least seven years. Experienced captains can help you gain a deeper insight into fishing.